Lock Focus guarantees its product ranges against defects, in workmanship and materials for all mechanical product for a period of 2 years. Electrical and electronic components are warranted for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Should the product be found to be defective within its normal working life, Lock Focus will repair or replace the same or equivalent product free of charge upon receipt of proof of purchase. Under this product warranty Lock Focus assumes no responsibility for the following:
1. Failure to adhere to fitting instructions or faulty installation.
2. Product wear and tear due to improper maintenance.
3. Product failure caused by the use of non Lock Focus products.
4. Unauthorised modifications or repairs made to the product.
5. Use of unauthorised replacement parts.
6. Any costs incurred due to –
1. Removal and replacement of the product.
2. Freight and/or travelling time.
3. Any modifications or repairs to the product unless authorised by Lock Focus.
7. Personal injury, property damage or economic loss however caused.
8. Damage caused by corrosion when the product is installed in a corrosive environment.
Nothing in the Lock Focus product warranty excludes restricts or modifies in any condition, warranty, right or liability implied or protected by law to do so would render the guarantee or part of it void.
Notification of faulty product must be reported back to Lock Focus within 7-10 (Choose one number?) working days from receipt of product. Please contact Customer Service to obtain a Field Returns number, the parcel being returned must be clearly labelled with the Field Return number.
Australian Consumer Law Requirements
The Australian Consumer Law also requires Lock Focus to state in relation to the Warranty that:
(a) Lock Focus gives the Warranty and the name, address, telephone number and email address of Lock Focus:
Lock Focus, 15-17 Futura Road, Keysborough, 3173 Melbourne Victoria, Australia ABN 43 007 311 300, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: +61 3 9798 1322
(b) The Warranty is in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the Warranty relates.
(c) Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.